History since 1933
Stockholm's Glassworks was built here at Skansen in 1936, but it started three years earlier in a basement room at Södermalmstorg in Slussen. Old drawings of a glassworks from the end of the 18th century in Johannisholm - in Venjan's parish in Dalarna - stood as a model for the construction. Stockholm's Glassworks was run from 1933 to 1980 by manufacturer Ture Berglund and his wife, Lily. After that, his daughter, Marianne, with her husband, Göran Hammar, continued the operation. The tradition carried on when their granddaughter Karin Hammar took over. In July 2020, Stockholm's Glasworks got owners from a new family, when Martin Ehrensvärd took over the studio and breathed in a new life with new knowledge and techniques.